Who We Are Looking For:
We are excited to bring to our team an experienced Senior Accountant This person is responsible for corporate accounting and all internal reporting for Aspen Systems, Inc. They will work closely with the CEO on a number of projects tied to operational optimization such as margin evaluations, productivity and purchasing costs, internal controls, systems, and processes. Our current one is retiring and will be helping with training for a smooth transition.
This is a part-time flex position with a guarantee of 16-24 hours per week. All job responsibilities will be executed within our Wheat Ridge, Colorado office.
Concrete leadership skills and a strong demeanor is required for the successful execution of this position, experienced in manufacturing will be very helpful.
• Producing timely and accurate standard reports & tasks including income statement, balance sheet statement, general ledger adjustments, chart of accounts improvements, depreciation adjustments, deferred warranty accruals, and bank balance reconciliations and monthly commission reports.
• Preparing for and working with our outside Accounting CPA’s for year-end close and tax preparation.
• Managing banking relationships including lines of credit, negotiations, reconciliations, loan schedules, management fees, etc.
• Auditing all sales orders by line-item to validate cost accounting. Auditing all freight costs, credit card costs/charges and other sales expenses.
• Managing and paying all taxes, Federal, State, County, City. Ensuring compliance with all regulations, business licenses, etc.
• Managing, reevaluating and approving customer credit terms and customer credit standing.
• Executing Human Resource responsibilities, all insurance benefits, vacation accrual and usage, and new-hire/termination paperwork.
• Auditing and approving travel and expense reimbursement submissions for compliance.
• Generating complex commission reports in a timely manner using Microsoft Excel.
• Maintaining a library of documentation outlining corporate policies and procedures. Creating.
• Reconcile all AP/AR to purchase orders to ensure accuracy.
Required Skills and Knowledge Base:
• Masters or Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related studies. CPA preferred.
• Five years of experience, including two years of supervisory responsibility. Full Charge or equivalent experience highly desirable.
• Understanding the tax implications of a Subchapter-S Corporation.
• Must have a complete understanding of accrual-based accounting.
• Corporate accounting experience, including overhead and payroll.
• Highly advanced computer skills and experience.
• Experience with large-scale ERP such as, Oracle, SAP or Microsoft Dynamics.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel including lookups, pivot tables, counting and summing formulas, conditional formatting, filters, protecting your spreadsheets, text manipulation, charting basics, keyboard shortcuts, array formulas and conditional/logical formulas, macros.
• Familiar with Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Office Products; especially Outlook.
• Experience with Epicor 10.0 and Crystal Reports is a valuable asset to this position.
The perfect candidate would further describe their skills as follows:
• College level communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Outstanding planning & organizing skills.
• Ability to recognize, suggest and implement methods of improvement in our policies and procedures.
• Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong organizational and management skills.
• Ability to establish and meet deadlines.
• A Natural Leader with a positive outlook, you work well in a team environment.
• Strong execution of Project Management responsibilities
• Strong passion and self-discipline for continuously reaching and surpassing goals
• You understand the value of documentation of all processes and procedures
About Aspen Systems:
Founded in 1982, Aspen Systems, Inc. is a market leader in high-performance computing. We design, manufacture, and service computing products including compute clusters, systems software, large data storage, advanced file systems, AI systems, and visualization. Aspen Systems, Inc. has a long-proven track record of building some of the most advanced technical computing systems in the marketplace today.
In 2002, Aspen Systems, Inc. manufactured a high-performance computational cluster that was named as the world’s eighth fastest supercomputer. From 2003 through 2006, Aspen Systems, Inc. was ranked on Deloitte & Touche’s Technology Fast 50 Program for Colorado; a prestigious list of the fifty fastest growing technology companies in the area. ColoradoBiz magazine listed Aspen Systems, Inc. among its Top 250 companies in Colorado over four consecutive years (2003-2006). Aspen Systems, Inc. is a certified audited vendor for Lockheed Martin and was honored to hold the esteemed Lockheed Martin Star Supplier award in 2008; an accolade granted only to the top .1% of LMCO suppliers. Aspen Systems, Inc. is an ISO9001:2008 certified company and manufactures under our own fully compliant ANSI/ESD S20.20 facility.
At Aspen Systems our success is attributed to the people that join our team. We constantly seek individuals with the skills, talent, vision, and creativity to go beyond a simple job description, do you think way outside the box? We are a group of talented professionals who enjoy our work and are driven to succeeding. Come join us on our rapidly growing successful journey. We are growing fast, the Excitements, Challenges, and Opportunities are very real and we are having fun at being the very best.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage diversity in our workplace. Aspen Systems also offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and generous holidays and paid vacation, yearly bonus plan. Oh yes, there is more here than just the numbers, great people, fun and true success. If you believe you qualify please apply today to learn more about this exciting career.
If you would enjoy joining this amazing team:
If you are qualified for this role and are interested in being considered, please provide us with the following information:
1. Your most current resume.
2. Your complete salary history.