ASPEN SYSTEMS CAREERS: JOB DETAIL
|Title||Sr. Linux Systems Administrator|
We’re seeking an experienced Sr. Linux System Administrator to join our amazing and talented engineering team. Our best-in-class engineering team thrives on staying up-to-date with the latest technology development in our industry. We provide the absolute best support to our world-class clients, all the way from the design to manufacturing, installation and post-installation stages. Our vision is to be the leader in HPC in North America, and we plan to achieve this vision through the strategic growth of our state-of-the-art enterprise e-commerce platform of products and services.
The ideal candidate will enjoy being client facing and will support HPC clusters, storage systems, and enterprise servers from on-site installation to remote managed services and will provide tech support using industry standard methodologies. Our ideal candidate will be working with HPC software stacks including Linux operating systems, MPI’s, schedulers, and low latency interconnects such as InfiniBand. Familiarity with software compilers, programming, Linux administration, diagnostic procedures, software maintenance and, networking are required.
Qualified candidates must possess most of the following skill sets:
– 5+ years Linux System Admin experience in a production/enterprise environment
– BS/Master degree in Engineering/Science/Communication/Information Technology
– Excellent troubleshooting, listening, and problem-solving skills
– Ability to install, configure, and cable network hardware (switches, routers, firewalls)
– Extensive knowledge of CentOS, RedHat, SuSE Enterprise Linux, Windows, *BSD
– Experience with standard services (DNS, DHCP, TFTP, PXE, etc.)
– Ability to troubleshoot server and storage hardware issues
– Experience with Version Control Systems (GIT, SVN, RCS, CVS)
– Ability to build applications from source and troubleshoot compiling issues
– Experience with compilers such as (GNU, Intel, PGI)
– Storage Experience installation and tuning (ZFS, XFS, GPFS, Lustre, Hadoop, Ceph, Object Storage)
– Shell scripting experience (Bash, Perl, Python)
– Virtualization Experience (VMWare, Xen, Hyper-V, KVM, etc.)
– Experience with x86 bootstrap process (BIOS, RAID, Fibre Channel, etc.)
– Experience with batch control systems (SLURM, SGE, MOAB, Torque/Maui, PBS Pro, etc.)
– Can travel when required and has strong customer service abilities
– Strong execution of Project Management responsibilities
– Strong track record of accountability and attention to detail.
– Highly motivated self-starter that is able to work independently
About Aspen Systems:
Founded in 1982, Aspen Systems, Inc. is a market leader in high-performance computing. We design, manufacture, and service high performance computing products including compute clusters, systems software, large data storage, advanced file systems, and visualization. Focusing only on the most demanding HPC applications, we have a long-proven track record of building some of the most advanced technical computing systems in the marketplace.
What we offer:
– Aspen Systems offers a competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental coverage, Generous Holidays, Annual Bonuses, 401K and Paid Vacation, Great food (we cater lunches on Wednesdays), BBQ when the weather permits, this is a full-time position.
– We are looking to fill this great opportunity immediately, we have a world-class, professional and overall an awesome team here and we’re a great place to work and play. Bring your Dog with you to work if you like and your passion for HPC advanced computing.
US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We’re unable to sponsor visas at this time. We are a smoke/drug-free workplace.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.