Virtualization is an Idea Whose Time has Come
Virtualization is the process of creating a software-based (or virtual) representation of something rather than a physical one. Virtualization can apply to applications, servers, storage, and networks and is the single most effective way to reduce IT expenses while boosting efficiency and agility for all size businesses. The term virtualization broadly describes the separation of a resource or request for a service from the underlying physical delivery of that service. With virtual memory, for example, computer software gains access to more memory than is physically installed, via the background swapping of data to disk storage. Similarly, virtualization techniques can be applied to other IT infrastructure layers – including networks, storage, laptop or server hardware, operating systems and applications.
Aspen Systems partners with VMware, a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility, accelerates our customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are creating exceptional experiences by mobilizing everything, responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
Explore the features of VMware vSphere, the industry-leading server virtualization platform with consistent management that lets you virtualize applications with confidence.
vSphere for Your Applications and Your Cloud
vSphere helps you get the best performance, availability and efficiency from your infrastructure and applications. It’s the ideal foundation for any cloud environment. VMware vSphere is the industry leading virtualization platform. It serves as the foundation for the software defined data center, and gives you choice as to how to build and operate your cloud environments.
vSphere with Operations Management takes virtualization to the next level with intelligent operations management. It provides you better insights, resulting in improved performance and availability.
vSphere ESXi Hypervisor
VMware vSphere Hypervisor is a free bare-metal hypervisor that virtualizes servers so you can consolidate your applications on less hardware. The vSphere Hypervisor, known in many circles as “ESXi”, for the name of the underlying hypervisor architecture, is a bare-metal hypervisor that installs directly on top of your physical server and partitions it into multiple virtual machines. Each virtual machine shares the same physical resources as the other virtual machines and they can all run at the same time. Unlike other hypervisors, all management functionality of vSphere is done through remote management tools. There is no underlying operating system, reducing the install footprint to less than 150MB.
Centralized Visibility, Proactive Management and Extensibility
VMware vCenter Server provides a centralized platform for managing your VMware vSphere environments, so you can automate and deliver a virtual infrastructure with confidence.
- Simple Deployment – Quickly deploy vCenter Server and manage vSphere using a Linux-based virtual appliance.
- Centralized Control and Visibility – Managing the essential functions of vSphere from any browser, assigning users to custom roles and searching vCenter inventory.
- Scalable and Extensible Platform – Manage up to 1,000 hosts and 10,000 virtual machines with a single vCenter Server instance.
- Proactive Optimization – Log management, resource management, energy-efficient resource optimization and automatic restarts are made easy with vCenter Server’s proactive optimization capabilities.
- Plug-in Extensibility – Log management, resource management, energy-efficient resource optimization and automatic restarts are made easy with vCenter Server’s proactive optimization capabilities.
- Management – Enabling real-time vSphere log monitoring and automating tasks using out-of-the-box workflows with an easy drag-and-drop interface.