TIPS AND FAQS
- Why we’re the best?
35+ Years in Business– Aspen Systems is the premiere manufacturer of HPC (High Performance Computing) products specializing in supercomputers, technical storage solutions and low latency high-speed networking equipment. We’re an award-winning company with experience that you can trust. We have trusted partnerships with Lockheed Martin, Department of Defense and thousands of other corporations and institutions who we have supported passionately over the years. Our team takes care of clients in every step of the journey and follows up with expert ongoing trusted support.
Expertise with Passion– At Aspen Systems, our team brings their expertise to your company with the passion to exceed your every expectation. Bringing the best cost effective solutions, to mission critical environments, is the work that we do every day. We strive for the highest level of confidence in our relationships with clients. To achieve this, we are constantly focused on you, our client. We strive to understand your unique, personal business challenges and needs. Success to us means that we’re included in your business plans as a trusted partner.
Quality Assurance– Aspen Systems is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company. As an ISO (International Standards Organization) company, we are audited each year to ensure constant quality improvements, accountability, and trace-ability. Every order, regardless of size or complexity, is put through the same systems and controls. Our in-house manufacturing facility is ESD 20:20 (Electronic Static Discharge) certified, this certification ensures that all manufacturing is once again, up to world class standards.
Statement of Work– Aspen Systems prides itself with an online SOW (Statement of Work) that is second to none. This intuitive and interactive resource allows you to fully customize all of the necessary configuration types of your technology investments. You can retrieve this anytime for reference, additional procurement or to review as often needed with our system engineers or your technical team. It doesn’t matter if you’re building a Top 500 supercomputer or petabytes of storage, or even have the most complex software and/or security requirements, rest assured that our SOW will give you the peace of mind you need.
Industry-Leading Components– The quality and state of each individual system component is carefully evaluated before we assemble them together to create an end product. We have the industry experience and the historical knowledge of all the manufacturers that influence our marketplace. This knowledge, combined with our processes, procedures, and empirical data analysis of real-world MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure), along with deploying a systematic approach of stressing each component with the completed integrated system, yields a 100% up-time for mission critical systems – every time.
Extensive Burn-In Process– The ever-elusive Holy Grail in manufacturing: To produce an excellent high-quality product with the repeat-ability of the perfect water bottle. Our engineers work tirelessly and continuously to produce an ISO compliant, completely automated burn-in process. This system has historical knowledge of every component and any failures that have occurred during our manufacturing process. With this information and years of experience, we believe that we have found that Holy Grail. Please take a look at our manufacturing excellence page to gain a deeper understanding of this process.
Custom Engineered Shipping Materials– Often overlooked and equally important, as any step in the delivery of a perfect system, is the actual packaging. Aspen Systems has consulted with FedEx packaging engineers to design and improve all methodologies for proper shipments. When your rack or server arrives, it is fully intact and ready to be deployed. Rack systems roll off of our customized pallets and are completely ready to run. Servers are instantly on-line and functional to the SOW’s specifications. In classified facilities, nobody has time for packaging problems, and nor should your business.
Strategic Stakeholder Partnerships– In the complex world of HPC in which many sciences and disciplines can get infinitely granular, problems arise. We have great vendor relationships in order to bring the best in products and services for your solutions. We also have something we believe is more valuable- trust and integrity within our network of engineers and scientists, to assist us should the need arise, as we often do for them. These partnerships have formed over the more than 35 years that Aspen Systems has been working side by side with our partners. In everything we do, in everything we ship, this circle of knowledge is transferred to you.
Award Winning Support– Many HPC products are living longer in data centers, research labs, universities and military facilities. The longevity of these products is directly related to the integrity and commitment of the engineering support staff where you have purchased your product from. We have been to these locations, we understand the complexities that can be involved in maintaining the reliability and up-time, the urgency and the different levels of support required at your location with your team. When you purchase from us, you are also purchasing an engineering support staff to help you every step of the way. Whether it be on-site, remote access, email or phone or in person, we are here for you.
Onsite Service– We know that some of the best projects are completed when we are on-site, when the need arises. Some of our largest installs have taken expert teams weeks to complete. We will be there until the project is complete no matter how small or massive it is in scale. Working in data centers is never easy as they have their own complexities in achieving success on time and within budget. Our engineering team plans out each onsite with the goal of achieving complete perfection and satisfaction. Most other companies don’t even mention they even offer this kind service. You may not always need this level of service, but should you require it, your partner, Aspen Systems will be there for you when and where you need it.
- Why should I buy online from the real time pricing configurator?
Price – We are able to offer competitive prices because of our long standing relationships with many component manufacturers and because of this, we are able to pass the savings along to you. All base systems start with the base enterprise grade components needed to run the machine and can be built to order. If you are considering a large purchase and wish to discuss the possibility of additional price breaks that we may offer, please call and speak to a sales representative at 1-800-992-9242 or email email@example.com.
Selection – Aspen Systems offers the latest and greatest products from the leading manufacturers giving you the newest technology in your cluster and server solutions. We offer an abundant amount of systems and all are configurable with the latest and greatest. Can’t find the product you are looking for or unsure on what will fit your needs? Contact our sales representatives and we will be more than happy to assist you to find the perfect solution.
Powerful Search Tools – Since we offer a large selection of customizable server solutions, we have the tools to narrow down your search to find the specific server that best works for you. Drill down to the form factor, the brand and amount of processors, max amount of RAM, max number of hard drives, and specific server features.
Manufacturing Excellence – Our production team takes pride in their work with every order to make certain that your system lives up to your high quality standards and expectations, along with ours. Every system goes through a custom burn-in process to ensure that every component is working at its peak efficiency. Learn more by visiting our Manufacturing Excellence page.
Availability – As soon as your order comes in, we waste no time in getting the parts after an internal design review it goes straight to manufacturing. We partner directly with vendors and often ship out your order before our quoted due date and if you need your order quicker, we can expedite everything in various ways of shipping.
Service – In addition to emailing us directly, completing an online form with your request, you can join a sales representative via Live Chat or speak with us directly on the phone. We will do everything to make sure you get the answer you need by consulting our engineers and even component manufactures. Service does not stop when your order is complete; it continues through 3 years of the life of the product with our 3 year standard warranty.
- How do I contact Aspen Systems if I have more questions?
Please Visit our Contact Us page, or:
For Customer Service regarding your order status, changes to an order, or billing information please call us at 1-800-992-9242 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the Live Chat on the left side of the page (hours of operation apply).
For Hardware Support and System Repair please call us at 1-800-992-9242 or e-mail email@example.com
For website support or issues, please visit our Site Feedback page and fill out the form.
My Account Questions:
- Why can’t I login to my account?
- Please be sure you’re using the right password and it is being entered correctly. Passwords are case sensitive. If you have forgotten or lost your password, please click the “Reset Password” link below the Password entry field on the Login/Register page. If you’re still having trouble with your account and none of the suggestions above work, please ask for help by sending a message on our Contact Us page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I change my password?
- If you are logged on, please go to your account by clicking “Logged in as [name]” then click “Modify Personal Information” then enter a new password in the “Password:” and the “Password Confirm:” fields. If you are not logged on and need to reset you password, click “Login/Register” then type in your email and click “Reset Password” below the “Password:” field then reenter your email address. You should receive an email resetting your password and allowing you to enter a new password. Check your spam/junk filters if you did not receive an email.
Before Contacting Support:
- What do I do if my system will not power on?
- If your system will not power on, first see if there is an amber colored light on the back of the power supply. If it is amber, then your system is just powered off. A possible power outage or shut down may have occurred. Next, try pressing the systems power button on the front of the chassis to see if the system then turns on and the amber light turns green. If the light is not illuminated, then make sure that the system”s power cord is plugged in completely and if there is a power switch that the “I” is pressed down and not the “0.” Next, check any circuit breakers that the power supplies are connected to. If all of those suggestions do not fix the issue, please contact support by visiting our Contact Us page, call us at 1-800-992-9242 or email email@example.com.
- My System doesn’t have video, what should I do?
- If the system powers on but there is not video output, check to make sure that all VGA, DVI, or other video cables, are completely seated in the video IO ports. Power off the system and disconnect the power cords and use proper electrostatic discharge techniques to make sure the video card (if present) is fully seated. Reseat if need be. Make sure RAM or other components are also seated completely. If all of those suggestions do not fix the issue, please contact support by visiting our Contact Us page, call us at 1-800-992-9242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I request support?
- Please visit our Contact Us page, email email@example.com or call us at 1-800-992-9242.
- Does Aspen Systems provide support for my software?
- Aspen Systems can help with installing and upgrading software licenses, configurations, and help train users on certain types of software.
- Where do I get drivers and updates?
- For drivers and software updates, please visit the component and software manufacturers website for driver and software updates. Example, visit nvidia.com and choose the Drivers tab.
- What payment methods do you accept?
- Aspen Systems accepts most major credit cards such as Visa, MasterCard, and American Express (a credit card charge fee may apply). When paying with a credit card online, you will be taken to a secure, encrypted server to enter your card information. You will see the charge approved or declined immediately.
- Does Aspen Systems accept Purchase Orders (PO’s)?
- Aspen Systems will accept government and educational purchase orders. For private sector purchase orders please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a credit application, then please fill it out and return per instructions on the form. It will take approximately 3 business days to process all credit applications.
- Does Aspen Systems take orders by phone?
- Absolutely. One of Aspen Systems sales representatives would be happy to help you over the phone with an order. From standalone system components to custom configured systems, we are available from 8:30am-5:30pm MST Monday through Thursday and 8:30am-5:00pm MST on Friday.
- Does Aspen Systems ship outside of the United States?
- Aspen Systems can ship to not only all 50 states, but U.S. territories, Canada, and Mexico as well. There are also some possibilities of other countries, but please call one of our sales representatives to ask due to limitations we are contracted to.
- Do I have a designated sales representative handling my account?
- Having a more personal relationship with your account manager helps us provide the most cost effective solutions for your specific needs, so to provide you with the best possible service, we can assign an account manager as your primary point of contact for all order, service, and billing questions. Our representatives are continually trained in order to offer our clients the best advice possible. This personal touch allows for us to answer any technical questions you have and guide you to make appropriate decisions for your organization.
- I want parts of my order shipped to multiple locations, or different orders shipped to different locations. Can you do this for me?
- Yes, we maintain a list of all of your locations given to us and can ship directly to each individual location per requested. Please contact a sales representative on the phone or by email so we can accommodate shipping to different addresses.
- Most of the systems you offer are black or dark grey, what if I want a different color?
- If you want a system with a chassis or bezel in a different color other than black or dark gray, please contact a sales representative and they will work with you to find if another color scheme is possible.
- How do I make changes to or cancel my order?
- If you need to make changes or cancel an order, please contact a sales representative as soon as possible after an order submission. Orders may only be changed or cancelled within 48 hours of submission of purchase on special order or custom systems. Orders cancelled after this period will be subject to a restocking fee.
- How do I return a product or receive a refund?
- Please contact a customer service representative at 1-800-992-9242 or email email@example.com. Returned components are subject to a 15% restocking fee and will only be accepted in sealed original packaging. Custom ordered systems and product assemblies are only cancellable within 48 hours from time of order placement and will be subject to a 50% restocking fee after period of cancellation. All returns must be authorized in advance and in writing by an Aspen Systems customer service agent. For more information please review our Terms and Conditions or Return Policy.
- How does Aspen Systems test my assembled system to ensure that it is as reliable as possible after I receive it?
- Every system built at Aspen System is assembled by trained technicians that have experience with advanced technology and the builds are subject to an extensive burn-in process that stress tests every component to ensure that each part is working correctly. For more information, visit our page on Manufacturing Excellence.
- Why can I only select one operating system per system configuration? Can I order a system configured to dual boot different operating systems?
- An Aspen Systems production engineer can set up the software on your system to dual boot different operating systems, but because of the more complicated nature of this setup we would like to discuss your configuration with you prior to installation (i.e. choice limitations, partitioning information, etc.) Please contact a sales representative at 1-800-992-9242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- I have an existing system image that I want duplicated onto my new systems. Can you provide this service?
- Yes, system image duplication is another service we offer, sometimes referred to as “ghosting.” If you order multiple identical systems with the same drive configuration, an Aspen systems engineer can build all of your machines with the same system image. If you have an existing system and are needing to replicate it, let us save you some time and money by duplicating that system’s image and deploying it onto your newly purchased systems.
- Once I place my order when will I receive my system?
- After Aspen Systems receives your order, you should expect your completed and fully tested system(s) in 14-24 business days. Systems with multiple, high capacities of hard drives can take up to 5 days to complete a testing cycle. High volume orders can also lead to longer ship times. We only ship out quality and fully working builds. If there are any delays, you will be contacted by an Aspen Systems representative.
- I’ve received my system but can’t login, what’s the default password?
- When we install your chosen operating system, an Aspen Systems engineer will have set the default system (root or Administrator) password to: “Password2015” (case sensitive, without quotes). If this does not allow you to log into your system, please call us at 1-800-992-9242 or email email@example.com.
- What do I do if my order was received damaged, was lost or is incomplete?
- In case of the unfortunate event of damaged goods or lost goods during shipment, please document and take images of the damage shipments at the time of delivery if possible and notify the delivery driver so they can submit an issue, then please contact us at 1-800-992-9242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. If there are items that are missing from your order, such as Ethernet, Mellanox, and power cables, please first check the accessories box that is packages along with your system. If they are still not there, please contact us to get those cables replaced and sent out.
- How do I stop receiving your newsletter?
- Please click on the link at the bottom of the email newsletter that says, “unsubscribe here” or contact us at email@example.com.
- Is your Website Secure? How is my info protected?
- All sensitive information (such as your credit card information) that is transmitted between Aspen Systems and your browser is encrypted and done over the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. Aspen Systems uses Extended Validation (EV) SSL from DigiCert which is the best SSL certificate currently available. To learn more, please visit http://www.digicert.com. For added security, Aspen Systems does not store credit card information on our servers.
- How does Extended Validation work?
- Your web browser will display a green address bar when visiting a web site that has been secured by a valid EV SSL Certificate. Also, on the right hand side of the address bar you will notice a box which alternates between your legal company name and the certificate authority which issued the EV Certificate. Click here to see what EV looks like in Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and Safari.
- Does Aspen Systems sell my information?
- Can Aspen Systems provide me with serial numbers and/or MAC addresses?
- Yes. Aspen Systems serializes processors, RAM, motherboards, chassis, hard drives, and component cards. We do this for our records to keep track of warranty and also to provide you with serial numbers so if your company requires an inventory or tracking system, we have you covered. When we test a system through AIME, AIME records MAC addresses for every system and we can provide you a list of those MAC addresses.