We’re seeking an experienced DevOps Windows/Linux Engineer to join our talented engineering team in Denver, Colorado. Our best-in-class engineering team thrives on staying up-to-date with the latest technology development in our industry. We provide full life cycle HPC clusters, storage, and servers to Governments, Universities, and Research facilities that are literally changing the world.
The ideal candidate will have 10 years of experience in the management of on-prem and off-prem applications and operating systems. Including ERP, CRM, ticking software, SharePoint, web applications, Build/Release Management, Containerization and Cloud Implementation,
Our ideal candidate Familiarity with software compilers, programming, BASH, PHP, MySQL/ MSSQL, Linux administration, diagnostic procedures, software maintenance and, networking are required.
Qualified candidates must possess most of the following skill-sets:
- 10 years Windows/Linux System Admin experience in a production/enterprise environment- BS/Master degree in Engineering/Science/Communication/Information Technology
- Excellent troubleshooting, listening, and problem-solving skills- Ability to install, configure, and cable network hardware (switches, routers, firewalls)
- Must be a bash shell scripting expert.
- Extensive knowledge of CentOS, RedHat, SuSE Enterprise Linux, Windows, *BSD
- Experience with standard services (DNS, DHCP, TFTP, PXE, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot server and storage hardware issues
- Experience with Version Control Systems (GIT, SVN, RCS, CVS)
- Ability to build applications from source and troubleshoot compiling issues
- Experience with compilers such as (GNU, Intel, PGI)
- Storage Experience installation and tuning (ZFS, XFS, GPFS, Lustre, Hadoop, Ceph, Object Storage)- Shell scripting experience (Bash, Perl, Python)
- Virtualization Experience (VMWare, Xen, Hyper-V, KVM, etc.)
- Experience with x86 bootstrap process (BIOS, RAID, Fibre Channel, etc.)
- Strong execution of Project Management responsibilities- Strong track record of accountability and attention to detail. – Highly motivated self-starter that is able to work independently.
- documentation is required for successful deployments, system improvements, and you will work with the team to maintain all documentation.
About Aspen Systems:
Founded in 1982, Aspen Systems, Inc. is a market leader in high-performance computing. We design, manufacture, and service high-performance computing products, including compute clusters, systems software, large data storage, advanced file systems, and visualization. Focusing only on the most demanding HPC applications, we have a long-proven track record of building some of the most advanced technical computing systems in the marketplace.
What we offer:
- A competitive benefits package including Medical and Dental coverage, Generous Holidays, Annual Bonuses, 401K and Paid Vacation, Great Food, we run back door BBQs whenever we get a chance. This is a full-time career position.
- US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor visas at this time. We are a smoke/vape/drug-free work environment. You must be able to pass a background check and a drug screen, including marijuana.
- The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of Aspen Systems is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Aspen Systems hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. Aspen Systems believes that employees should be provided with a working environment that enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.
- We are looking to fill this great opportunity immediately. We have a world-class, professional, and incredibly talented team. We are a great place to work and play. Imagine biking, hiking, and ski slopes just beyond our front door. We’re a “bring your dog” friendly office and cold beer on tap.