Total Service Package from Aspen Systems includes all the services associated with our Flex Service Package and adds full administration of your cluster. This option is attractive to customers who do not have a full time HPC administrator or the expertise in-house to manage an HPC cluster. Aspen Systems takes care of all of your clustering needs, including standard administrative tasks such as adding users or scheduling and monitoring data backups.
When using our Total Service Package, Aspen Systems engineers support your end-users directly, and we provide tools to the customer designated management personnel to ascertain customer satisfaction and current case load. Many organizations find the Aspen Systems Total Service package to be a cost effective and painless way to extend HPC capabilities into their organization.
The Total Service package is often used with On-site Hardware Maintenance to facilitate a total managed solution. On-site Hardware maintenance is simply one of the add-on packages that Aspen Systems makes available to help you better manage your HPC resources. We will discuss these add-on services next.
- Distribution: Aspen Systems will upgrade your entire cluster distribution as required. If a commercial distribution is used, you will be responsible for any license upgrade costs that are not included with your original software licenses.
- Utilities: Aspen Systems will upgrade your standard utilities as you request, as well as install and configure additional utilities such as compilers or MPI implementations as you require.
- Applications: Aspen Systems will assist in installing and configuring additional applications and models as you require. If your new applications are commercially licensed, you will be responsible for the licensing cost of the new applications.
- Hardware Support: Aspen Systems provides Bronze (1 year), Silver (2 years), Gold (3 year), Platinum (4 year), and Diamond (5 year) hardware warranties. Based on the warranty option you select when you purchase your cluster, or any warranty extension you might apply later, Aspen Systems provides replacement parts during your warranty. Advance replacement parts must be returned to Aspen Systems within 15 days of the action, or you will be billed for the part.
- Shipping: Aspen Systems pays for parts to be shipped both ways for the life of your warranty. All shipping under the Total Service Plan is done as “standard ground” shipping for the carrier applicable to your area. Higher priority shipping under this plan is available but will result in additional expense. If deemed necessary by Aspen Systems engineering, entire nodes or peripheral units may be returned to Aspen Systems for repair at our expense as well.
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning: Aspen Systems will assist you in troubleshooting and the correction of execution and performance issues of any configurations installed by Aspen Systems.
- Support Hours: Monday through Thursday, 8:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. Mountain Standard Time, or 8:30 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Mountain Standard Time Friday.
- Contact Method: Via phone (800)992-9242 (U.S. and Canada), or 011-1-303-431-4606, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses will only be given during normal support hours.
- Case Tracking: All Aspen Systems assistance will be assigned a ticket number, which we use to track our progress and your satisfaction with the work we do for you. All end users are encouraged to apply for an Aspen Systems Support Account, which will allow you access to our web services and the capability to track and respond to your tickets online at www.aspsys.com as well as via e-mail.
- Administrative Assistance: All administrative assistance, such as adding users, changing passwords, adjusting user disk quotas, performing data backups, or other day to day administrative tasks needed to manage your cluster are included in the Total Service package. End users simply open a ticket via the web interface, e-mail, or phone, and Aspen Systems takes care of your issue.